Welcome to Granville United Methodist Church! We hope that you can join us for Sunday worship at 10:30 a.m. Please see the announcements below for all of our upcoming events. Have a Blessed Week!
- Sunday, October 16th – Kari-Ann will be speaking during our Sunday service
- Tuesday, October 18th – Church Council 7:00 p.m. (All are welcome to attend.)
- Thursday, October 20th – Bible Study 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 23rd – Annual Charge Conference 1:00 p.m. at Grace UMC – (All Welcome)
- Tuesday, October 25th – Live Nativity Meeting 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. (All Welcome)
- Thursday, October 27th – Bible Study 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 2nd – Granville UM Women’s Group Meeting 7:00 p.m. (Shoeboxes are due!)
- Thursdays 7:00 p.m. – Beginning September 22nd – Bible Study for the River Valley Charge: Sept. 22, 29, & Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27. Led by Pastor Kim and held at Granville UMC Education Building from 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 23rd – Annual Charge Conference at 1:00 p.m. at Grace UMC in Lewistown. Our DS Brenda Leigey will be presiding over this “cluster” Charge Conference.
- Sunday, November 6th – All Saints Sunday
- Saturday, November 25th – Mission Central HUB will be held at Yeagertown UMC 10:00 a.m. Health care kits will be assembled. Granville has volunteered to donate hand towels. Please place items in the black bin near the rear vestibule.
- Sunday, November 27th – First Sunday of Advent and Hanging of the Greens
- Thursday – Friday, December 1st and 2nd – Live Nativity
- Wednesday, December 7th – Granville UM Women’s Group Meeting 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 20th – Church Council Meeting at 7:00 p.m.
Fellowship Baked Goods:
October 16th: Deb K.
October 23rd: Joyce R.
October 30th: ??
November 6th: Kari-Ann K.
Confirmation Class: If you know of any student old enough for confirmation class, please contact Lori Aultz at email@example.com.
Safe Sanctuary: All clearances pre-covid are out dated. We are working on updating our safe sanctuary files. If you are planning to work with children in the future, please see Lori Aultz for the forms.
Church Counters: We are looking for two people to act as counters after church on Sundays. You will count for one month at a time; usually for three months of the year. If you are interested and want more information please contact Mark Ellinger.
Altar Flowers: Anyone wishing to make a dedication is responsible for calling Lewistown Florist –717-248-9683 to order and pay for your flowers. The cost of altar flowers is $40.00. The flower chart is hanging in the vestibule for bulletin information, but information may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped in the box outside the office for the secretary by Wednesday.
Reserving the Education Building/Social Hall: If you would like to reserve the Education Building or Church, please contact Lori Aultz at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website Updates and Postings:
The church website is updated and ready to keep everyone informed about the happenings at Granville UM Church. If you do not already “follow” the church website, please go to granvilleumchurch.com and enter your email address towards the bottom of the page. This will allow you to receive weekly announcements, special postings, pictures from church events, etc.
If you have any website updates, event postings, pictures, etc., that you would like on the church website, please send them to email@example.com. Please be sure that you have permission to post any pictures which are sent. Any questions? Email Christy (Ciccolini) Walther at firstname.lastname@example.org.